Saturday, June 13, 2009

TODD SNIDER - THE EXCITMENT PLAN




Regular listeners to the show would know that Todd Snider is one of my particular favourites. He has made a habit of releasing albums on a regular basis and his latest "The Excitement Plan" is out now on Yep Roc. Once again it a beauty! Made with the help of legendary producer Don Was it's a more personal album than last years "Peace Queer". Snider's greatest gift is his talent for words and once again each song has you listening intently for words of wisdom. For me, Snider has the ability to articulate the way I feel and think about things better than I ever could and I think that's why I love his work so much. The album also contains a duet "Don't Tempt me" with Loretta Lynn.

As always it best to leave it up to Snider himself to tell us what it's all about;
"Initially The Excitement Plan (June 9th on Yep Roc Records) wasn't supposed to be about anything. I was just trying to come up with the best... most open hearted ... well-thought-out lyrics I could come up with. I wanted every song to be sad and funny at the same time, vulnerable and entertaining at the same time, personal and universal at the same time. I wanted every song to be as uniquely written as possible and then I wanted to perform them in a studio loose and rugged and hopefully as uniquely as I could. My hope is to be hard to describe and/or new…I'm not saying I am. I'm just saying that's the hope."

It's available from YepRoc and eMusic or in all good record stores.



Website
Myspace

No comments: